WHO CAN SELL THEIR ITEMS HERE?
- We accept consigned vehicles and other items from both dealers and private owners alike. You must be at least 18 years old to consign an item with us.
WHAT CAN I BRING IN?
- Bring in your vehicles both everyday and classic, heavy equipment, RVs, snowmobiles, boats, motorcycles, other toys, trailers, etc. Vehicles will be test-driven and anything with a motor will be started up to be sure it’s in working condition.
WHEN DO I NEED TO HAVE MY ITEM THERE FOR AUCTION?
- Vehicles are accepted Monday through Friday, 8am until 4pm, until the Monday before auction OR until the lot fills. We are not open on weekends for drop-off.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WHEN CONSIGNING MY VEHICLE FOR AUCTION?
- When bringing in your vehicle to sell, it must be accompanied by a clear title in the seller’s name and be able to have the VIN or identifying number verified. The title must be free of all liens and encumbrances. (Registration for untitled items such as boat trailers must be provided as a means of verification and ownership transfer for item.)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO RUN MY ITEM THROUGH THE AUCTION?
- It is a flat rate of $200 to run your item through the auction with a reserve or minimum asking price, $100 to run it without a reserve, or $100 if the item does not sell (regardless of whether the item had a reserve).
- PFAA must be given a “No Reserve” communication at drop off for items intended or items will be considered reserved.
- If an item’s reserve is not met during the auction the consignor has two options. They can either run the item in the following auction for an additional run fee or come and pay the run fee and pick the item up by the Friday following the auction. An item can only be run in two consecutive auctions. If the item is going to be re-run, it can remain onsite with PFAA until the next auction.
CAN I SET A RESERVE OR MINIMUM ASKING PRICE ON MY ITEMS?
- Consignors are welcome to set a minimum asking amount on their items.
- If the bidding does not meet this reserve during the auction, the item will not sell. If the item doesn’t sell, the consignor has the option to run the vehicle one more time in the following auction for another run fee, or pay the no sell fee and retrieve the item by the following Friday.
- Consignors can attend the auction to protect the reserve or lower it if the bidding reaches a price they are comfortable with selling it at. PFAA also tries to call consignors not in attendance if the bidding gets close but cannot guarantee this as each lot last roughly 1-2 minutes.
WHAT IS THE TEST DRIVE THAT MY VEHICLES WILL GO ON?
- All vehicles that are entered into the auction must go on a test drive of up to 40/ 45mph where features of the driving capability are tested. This is a generalized assessment and notations are only made of things that cannot be noticed in a stationary inspection. We do not test all gears or things like cruise control or 4-wheel drive.
- All vehicles are sold in “As-ls” condition with no warranties or guarantees.
DO I NEED TO LEAVE THE VEHICLE ONSITE FOR THE AUCTION?
- All items are required to be on-site, as we hold public preview days the Thursday and Friday before the auction from 8am until 5pm, as well as the morning of the auction from 8am until 9:30 am. Items are also driven through the auction and need to be available for pick up the moment that they are won and sold to the bidder.
WHEN WILL MY CHECK BE READY?
- Checks are ready for all consignors the Wednesday following the auction with the run fees for items sold and unsold deducted from them.
- Private consignors will need to sign off on their title before receiving their check.
We test drive each vehicle unless stated otherwise, and notate issues found that could not be noticed during a stationary inspection. Issues found will be notated in the catalog under the item’s listing. If there is no notation, then nothing that we would typically notate was found. All vehicles are sold “AS-IS, WHERE-IS” with no warranties expressed or implied.
Our preview days are held the week of the auction only, on Thursday and Friday 8am until 5pm (hours may vary during winter) and Saturday, the day of the auction from 8am until 9:30am. The auction starts at 10am Pacific and ends once we have driven each lot through, auctioning them off one lot at a time.
It is a flat rate of $200 to run an item through the auction with a reserve OR $100 to run it without a reserve, OR $100 if the item does not sell. If the item sells the run fee will be deducted from the check. If the item’s reserve is not met during the auction, the consignor can either run the item in the following auction for an additional run fee or come and pay the run fee and pick the item up by the Friday following the auction.
Consignor’s checks are available for pick up the Wednesday following the auction. Titles will need to be signed off to receive a check, which can be done at the time of consignment or during check pick up. Please let us know if you will need the check mailed when completing the contract to sell.